How to keep your sanity this Christmas season. Great reminders for myself.
[haiku url=”http://boomerempowerment.com/audio/insanechristmas.mp3″ title=”Keeping Your Sanity This Christmas”]
- Create new family traditions if the old ones aren’t working any more.
- Don’t borrow money for Christmas
- Don’t compare yourself with others, it isn’t a contest
- Buy locally and from small businesses
- Avoid the crowds – if you don’t enjoy Black Friday crowds, don’t go
- Shop online for items not locally grown or produced, let them do the shipping
- Use a greeting card service
- Don’t expect perfection
- Remember the reason for Christmas, and no it’s not stimulate the economy
- Serve others
Bonus tip: If you have little ones around, have non-breakable ornaments within their reach. Let them help make ornaments, help decorate, and don’t get stressed when they undecorate the tree to play with them, simply remind them to hang back on the tree.
Be sure and post some of the things you enjoy doing this holiday season.