Do you have an about page for your site? You should, in fact WordPress gives you one by default. That text is simply a reminder to fill the page in. Not done so yet? Do it now. Anything you write about yourself and your site will be better than the default text. It still amazes me how many never fill in that page, simply leave the default text there.
- Often your about page is one of the most viewed pages on your site. First time visitors checking out your site, returning visitors wanting to learn more, potential advertisers, media, wanting to learn more to see if your site is of interest to them.
- Include a picture, audio file, video. Use the media you have available.
- Imagine if the first page a visitor sees is your about page, would it grab their attention, motivate them to contact you? subscribe to your blog? Hire you?
- No need to tell your life story in minut detail, in fact please don’t. Include what would be important to your ideal audience.
- Add your contact info or links, call to action.
- Check out other about pages, what do you like, don’t like. Go back and evaluate your page, improve it.Update your content as things change.
Please support WordPress 101 for Boomers by tweeting, liking, +1, sharing etc. this post using the buttons above.
Comments are always welcome.